Senior Character Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Character Artist who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Character Artists are responsible for building world-class character content for our project and helping our Game Director achieve their creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about all aspects of creating Character Art. You are personally driven to make our characters look great, both aesthetically and technically.
- You have sculpting skills, a developed artistic eye, and a passion for understanding of color, form, and anatomy.
- You are technical enough to learn new tools and pipelines and strive to stay current with industry-standard modeling and texturing software.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with the Lead Character Artist, Character Animator, and Character Tech Artist to review topology, design, rig feedback, and character goals.
- Working with fellow character artists to establish and maintain an art pipeline for the character creation process
- Collaborate with other art departments from the early stages of a character idea all the way to a polished character in game
- Going to a playtest to see how your characters are looking and playing in-engine and to give notes on the game.
- Working with the Gameplay team to make sure your artwork is working well with a new game mechanic.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers