Sky and Vista Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Sky and Vista Artist who is passionate about art, competitive games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Sky and Vista Artist is responsible for driving Skies and Vistas in our levels in collaboration with Level Designers, Concept Artists, and World Art teams.
Who You Are
- You apply your skills to achieve excellence in Sky, Vista and Atmospheric Art taking into consideration the intentions of the design, technical and art needs to help complete a levels environment.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams working on the larger Sky and Vista elements represented in our levels.
- You are always inspired to explore and expand your knowledge about composition, lighting, and atmosphere. Always searching for epic vista reference via photography, films, concept art etc. Dissecting how vistas and skies for games are put together, and always keeping up with the current trends in technology regarding vistas.
What Your Day Might Look Like
- Meeting with our Art Director, Lead World Artist, and Technical Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Collaborate closely with the Concept Art team to solidify a direction on the look of the vista.
- Working closely with Level Artists to tie the playspace to the vista.
- Working closely with Lighting Artists to ensure cohesion and alignment between Lighting, Skies and Vistas.
- Collaborating with Technical Artists to ensure all assets for the vista are performant and optimized.
- Regularly attending playtests to see how the levels are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- You have collaborated with a team to meet shared goals, or ship a project as an Environment Artist, Lighting Artist, or Vista and Skies Artist.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams focused on level creation and/or areas of a larger world.
- Experience with Content Creation tools such as, Blender, World Machine, Gaia, Photoshop, and apply your knowledge with these tools to create 3D assets, Materials and Simple Animations.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next generation lighting pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a plus.
- Experience with the production cycle of competitive multiplayer games is a big plus.
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.