Senior Privacy Counsel
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Privacy Counsel to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading across the company on privacy and data protection matters by building and improving programs, policies and processes tailored to our consumer.
Who You Are
- You see ‘people’ in every choice we make, be it our players or our teammates
- You are passionate about privacy by design and are guided by a strong sense of fairness and transparency.
- You excel at synthesizing information to provide understandable and actionable legal guidance tailored to your audience.
- You are willing to “roll up your sleeves” to drive both strategy and execution of privacy and compliance programs.
- You know when to focus on short-term needs and when to focus on building for the future.
- You have a client-centric, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Skilled at developing strong partnerships with other members of the legal team as well as members of other business units.
- Willing to pitch in on whatever legal work needs to be done.
What You Will Do
- Provide practical, timely, strategic, and high-quality legal advice and counsel on U.S. and global privacy and data protection-related matters. This includes working closely, collaborating, and coordinating with key stakeholders to advise on applicable privacy and data protection laws, regulations and guidelines affecting the Company's business.
- Advise on best practices and compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, as well as overseeing legal and regulatory aspects of data collection and use, privacy disclosures and transparency, and related issues.
- Drive and embed privacy by design controls into business processes and product development.
- Provide robust legal support for the strategic reviewing, drafting, and negotiating of privacy and data security terms in contracts with business partners and vendors, including data processing agreements and data transfer agreements.
- Develop and deploy a company wide a company-wide privacy program and data retention policy.
- Develop and deliver of privacy training materials and other communications to increase employee understanding of Company privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
- Play an integral role in building a robust compliance function.
- Assist with other consumer regulatory and compliance matters as needed
- Privacy experience working with consumer technology and/or software
- In-house experience preferred; game industry experience a plus
- Impeccable drafting skills, exceptional judgement, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and prioritize compete demands in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of an organization
- Active Washington state bar license or ability to register in Washington as in-house counsel within six months of hire
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.