Senior Character Artist, Advanced
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a versatile and experienced Senior Character Artist, Advanced who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. At ProbablyMonsters, we appreciate the value of partnering with other disciplines to create something special, and you will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to create and implement visual effects for this highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
As a qualified candidate for this role, you first and foremost consider yourself a game developer. You are a skilled and approachable communicator and an artist who stays current with the techniques of your craft and you strive for excellence and growth. You should also be committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment. At ProbablyMonsters, we are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $126,728 to $205,300. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an independent, motivated, and self-aware artist who is excited to breathe life into a diverse cast of world-class characters.
- Your work demonstrates your ability to design and create high quality, exciting characters with an expert understanding of anatomy and visual design principles.
- You are effective at presenting your positions and ideas to positively influence the project.
- Proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create high-quality character models from rough block out to polished, in-game assets.
- Meet with the Character Lead and Art Director to discuss the team’s work and support them in upholding the visual and experiential pillars of the game.
- Collaborate to establish workflows and best practices for the character art discipline.
- Participate in our teamwide playtests to evaluate how your assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- A portfolio that displays an expert understanding of visual design principles, anatomy and character design
- An advanced proficiency in modern character art workflows & DCC programs (Substance, ZBrush, Maya, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shipped at least 1 game as a character artist
- At least 8+ years of character art experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.