ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Technical Animator who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Technical Animator is responsible for supporting the Senior TDIA for being the "catalyst" that fuses together multiple disciplines and technologies to help achieve world-class character animation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Blending together animation, gameplay, and code to build the best animating characters possible is your jam.
- You have a background in animation and have taken a more technical route with an emphasis on runtime animation systems.
- You have a good understanding of state machines and blend tree architecture.
- You are very literate in animation goals. You are excited about pushing the boundaries of what game animation can achieve.
- You enjoy diving deep into animation, code, and other discipline’s workflows to solve technical problems and create excellent content.
- You are technical and enjoy learning new tools, technologies, and aspects of game development.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You are persistent in finding or proposing creative solutions even if that means challenging the status quo.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Finding a creative solution to get a game mechanic working with animation that the engineers and designers couldn't think of.
- Watching a GDC talk about technical animation and thinking about how we could integrate its features.
- Building out the movement and animation system of a new character and thinking about how to improve the process next time.
- Automating a pipeline process to further speed up iteration time.
- Working with the Senior TDIA to help develop a plan for your career goals.
- A background in animation or the ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of animation fundamentals.
- Two years of experience in a professional game production environment.
- Two years experience with a modern game engine that demonstrates state machine and blends tree architecture.
- Two years experience with Python or C# and an ability to demonstrate foundational programming skills.
- Can demonstrate basic problem solving with 3D math.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers