Senior Hard Surface Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Hard Surface Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Hard Surface Artists are responsible for building world-class weapons, characters, and vehicles.
WHO YOU ARE
- You strive for excellence in hard surface modeling/texturing.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating weapons, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate with every member of your team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You have a willingness to grow, share and motivate others.
- You get excited about pushing the art bar and the gameplay experiences your models bring to the game.
- You are flexible, working on weapons/vehicles one day and hard surface characters the next.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with concept Artists, Designers, Animators, and Tech Artists to talk about Hard surface goals.
- Going to a playtest to see how your assets are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Create high-quality hard surface models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Work on a weapon with designers and animators to make them feel great.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
- Provide feedback on workflow and tools.
- Traditional art skills: drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.
- Other skillsets: animating, rigging, concepting, etc.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com