Lead PvE Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Lead PvE Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead PvE Designer, you will be responsible for leading our player-vs-environment team, with a focus on excellent combat, dynamic encounters, & strong pacing.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about encounter & combatant design in shooters. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvE shooter games and imagining how you would make them better.
- You are an accomplished PvE designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped solo or co-op experiences.
- You take pride in your ability to mentor other designers to success. You can create insightful best practices, communicate in a way that is inspiring, and keep designers empowered and creatively aligned.
- You can reliably put other disciplines in a position to do their best work and create inspiring team dynamics.
- You have a great touch for integrating narrative into your work and working successfully with writers and narrative design.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about PvE design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You have significant experience working on Live games and understand how it changes game development.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Helping a designer debug why a feature isn't coming together by applying concise design principles
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it
- Getting your hands dirty and working directly on a new PvE experience
- Writing a design spec for a new combatant type
- Working with other designs to update our encounter design best practices
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of modern PvE Shooter Design.
- You have experience successfully managing PvE-focused Designers.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.