ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOSOur mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
THE ROLEFirewalk Studios is looking for a Cinematics Editor who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Cinematics Editor, you will be responsible for shaping the video content for the game, including storyboard animatics, pre-vis, marketing materials, and cut scenes.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a proactive, passionate, accomplished Cinematics Editor with a solid portfolio of shipped work.
- You can work collaboratively with a team of creatives to best realize the tone and pacing of our content. You are well-versed in many different genres and mediums and can edit effectively no matter the parameters.
- You have experience in creating new IPs and laying out stories for an audience in an effective way. You can map out where a story begins and where it is going based on solid storytelling principles, but you are also adaptable to story and production pivots.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You believe that the best work gets done when everyone feels creatively safe and supported. You do your part to foster a respectful and fun workplace.
- You can successfully manage relationships with other teams and help them get the most out of working with the Narrative.
- You champion and foster collaborative and transparent workflows with every member of the studio.
- You empathize with our players because you are one.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Putting together a rough cut of an animatic to show the Narrative Director.
- Going to a story kickoff on a new script.
- Working on previz with the Cinematics Director; making suggestions to maximize the clarity and energy of the scene.
- Listening in on a VO session and giving suggestions based on your knowledge of the cut.
- Brainstorming with the rest of the narrative on how to best convey a character’s personality.
- Ensuring that a new cut scene plays in the engine.
- Working with Marketing on promotional materials to support the game.
- Meeting with a producer to ensure our work is coming in on time.
- Participating in a playtest and sending feedback.
- You have at least five years of experience as a Cinematics Editor.
- You have worked in games, preferably on a AAA title.
- You have experience working in Unreal.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.