About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned, world-class QA Lead, to work directly with a partner studio, to define best QA practices, partner with them to meet project deliverables, with minimal bug wake and high efficiency, leading to more iteration and better experiences for their players. The QA Lead will work across multiple disciplines to implement, and effectively utilize QA resources against the unique goals of each project.
Who You Are:
- You love mentoring new and experienced QA Engineers.
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline.
- You are confident representing QA as an equal part of a studio leadership team.
- You communicate effectively with a diverse audience and can build effective relationships.
- You focus on planning, teamwork, and collaboration to meet mutual goals.
What You Will Do:
- Write test plans, test specs, and test cases.
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test case management software.
- Track and report quality metrics to provide an accurate status of project quality.
- Build and manage a team of QA Engineers working on a project using Unreal Engine.
- Act as a leader on the project team, including team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, and decision making.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes.
- Maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams.
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups.
- Experience leading QA teams in software or games.
- Experience Owning Quality for multiple feature areas.
- Experience authoring test plans, test specs, and test cases.
- Experience testing throughout the development lifecycle in software or AAA games.
- Understanding of how to leverage QA best practices, principles, and methodologies.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience driving the creation of functional client automation.
- Experience working in early product development.
- Experience testing a variety of game genres.
- Experience working in the GAS/Live game model.