Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to kick off the genesis of our QA team. You will get to use the full breadth of your experience to help design and code a new testing platform that will be used by multiple teams for many years to come. No more long nights hacking urgently needed functionality into a dead codebase that should have been purged from source control many years ago. Development done right as you work directly with the game teams to design, create, and push into production the systems required to test great games.
Who You Are:
- Senior Developer that enjoys both designing and coding.
- Ideally has worked with Unreal Engine, at minimum has experience with game engines.
- Consoles experience is a bonus.
- Wants to see their work evolve over time.
What You Will Do:
- Each sprint: Prioritize, gather requirements, design, code, test, deploy to the test and game team.
- As domain expert you will likely be asked to evaluate software, workflows & give recommendations for process improvement.
- As engineering staff you will advise on and help implement software best practices, sometimes helping train others.
- Most importantly, stand up an amazing testing platform.
- At least 8 years in software development
- At least 3 years in Test Engineering & been through 1 full game cycle