Outsource Art Lead
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Our studio is looking for an Outsource Art Lead who is incredibly excited about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As an Outsource Art Lead, you are responsible for collaborating with the dev team and setting vendors up for success to deliver world class assets for use in our game.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are excited about working with creative teams to understand and deliver on their vision.
- You are practiced at writing clear instructions so that vendors can execute to distinction.
- You know how to communicate quality expectations, create visual targets and collect reference to inspire and guide asset creation.
- You are able to provide feedback that is both direct and compassionate.
- You are comfortable consulting with a broad range of stakeholders to understand and communicate the project needs to vendors.
- You care deeply about creating a supportive environment and a good working experience for vendors.
- You are excited to help Firewalk be a studio that vendors and partners are excited to work with.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Fielding and prioritizing a new asset request from the development team, in partnership with the Outsource Producer.
- Writing a brief with clear instructions and supportive reference for a new vendor.
- Meeting with the Art Director to better understand the visual style direction, so you can provide better feedback.
- Creating draw-overs or more detailed example visual targets for a vendor who is struggling to hit a quality target.
- Troubleshooting a tech or pipeline issue in partnership with a vendor.
- Helping a development team understand how they could modify their pipeline to work more effectively with outsourcers.
- With stakeholders, advising on an asset approval chain and pipeline that will scale with new types of content and vendors being added to it over time.
- Coming up with a strategy to help improve the quality or velocity of asset deliveries.
- 3-5 years experience as an outsource manager or art lead in game development, or equivalent experience in game development in a different discipline.
- You have worked with external vendors to deliver content that shipped in at least one game.
- You have strong knowledge of next generation asset pipelines, tools and workflows.
- You have some experience using at least one project tracking software suite such as Jira, TFS, Shotgun, or Hansoft.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.