Senior Engine Engineer
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Our 3 development teams are each creating an original game:
- Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
- Cauldron™ is developing an adventure game
- Battle Barge™ is creating a co-op RPG
We are seeking a Senior Engine Engineer who is experienced in unreal engine. Being able to support multiple studios in development.
The role for Senior Engine Engineer is for an experienced individual contributor that designs, develops, tests and maintains software for our game engine. It requires the use of independent judgment in engineering principles and practices in cross platform engine development to effectively write clear, maintainable, and portable code. This role anticipates, identifies, and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions with limited direction. A Senior Engine Engineer is expected, when pointed at a complex feature, problem, or project, to solve a wide range of challenges in resourceful and effective ways.
The salary range for this position is $147,800 to $221,700. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO ARE YOU:
- Extremely knowledgeable about Unreal Engine
- Cutting edge of game development technology.
- Experience at shipping games and aware of challenges at all stages.
- Independently design, develop, test, and maintain high quality software code for products and services under development.
- Writes and implements clear, maintainable, portable code in C++ and blueprint.
- Contributes to discussions on the project’s technical limitations, scope, and scheduling.
- Helps teams understand the engine / technology available, and how to make the best use of it in their game.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates technical issues, edge cases and performance related issues and works to provide knowledge and tools so teams can address them.
- Utilize Jira to track work for engineering projects.
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, practices and area of specialization within engine development.
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to take requests from stakeholders, clarify the requirements, formulate a plan, present that plan to the stakeholder, then execute.
- Strong ability to build productive internal/external working relationships, both providing and accepting information, feedback, advice, debate, and technical guidance withing engineering.
- Able to partner with product management and technical leaders to properly track and document engineering efforts in JIRA.
- Strong ability to author code in the programming languages; C++ & Blueprint.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra.
- Strong ability to build clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in software development on modern consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC etc.).
- Preferred experience working with cross-discipline teams within AAA Games.
- Preferred experience shipping software on multiple platforms.
- Preferred experience in product and service ownership within game development.
- Worked in 2 or more game engines: Unreal Engine + another for context.
- Worked on and shipped an online game.
- Experience with many middleware products such as (Wwise, Multiplay, Backtrace, NSight).
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.