Human Resource, Director
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Human Resource, Director to join the Human Resource team.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative self-starter able to work with ambiguity and a variety of styles to drive results.
- Actively promotes a positive, respectful work environment, encourages collaboration across.
What You Will Do:
- Design and deliver programs and practices that build talent capabilities and deliver high performance
- Develop, communicate, and reinforce employee policies, procedures, and handbooks to drive behaviors that support the company culture and compliance with applicable laws; ensure all new employees are onboarded are oriented to company policies and procedures
- Develop, implement, and consistently apply performance management processes, systems, and tools to maximize individual and team contributions that advance company goals
- Define and reinforce role clarity and performance expectations to support accountability and to drive business results; oversee the development and management of job responsibilities to ensure role clarity
- In partnership with the Ombud advocate for and coach employees at all levels to enhance and reinforce performance and engagement
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Provide competitive compensation and benefits
- Provide the strategic design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company’s compensation and benefits programs
- Develop and drive a rewards strategy to ensure programs and packages attract and retain talent
- Structure compensation based on relevant market data and trends and internal equity
- Develop and implement initiatives that recognize and reward exceptional performance and reinforce the Company’s culture of caring for our employees
- Drive compliance and governance of the company's employee benefits plans assist, and problem-solve for employees on daily matters such as leaves of
- In partnership with the HR Generalist support absences, pay corrections, and benefits questions
- Compile and analyze key HR metrics to identify HR trends and develop recommendations and action plans
- Provide key business leaders with HR data insights on a regular basis to facilitate meaningful decision making
- Partner with technology teams to identify, customize, implement, and maintain HR systems and technology solutions to maximize HR data systems capabilities
- Develop messages and execute internal communication strategies to support programs, culture, and change initiatives to promote understanding and engagement
- Reinforce the company’s vision, mission, and values through communications and consistent guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Communications, Human Resources, Education, Training and Development, or related field.
- Curriculum development and training course design (5+ years)
- Implementing learning programs through technology (5+ years)
- Development & delivery of learning programs/solutions (5+ years)
- Program Management experience required
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Diverse groups and helps partners build connections with each other.
- Strong knowledge in compensation and benefits including competitive total rewards practices and delivery models, and development of job profiles.
- Advanced knowledge of employment laws, policies, and business practices.
- Preferred previous gaming industry experience.