Senior Analytics Engineer
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Analytics Engineer to help us redefine how games use data! Our team enables our studios to get the most out of their data by providing both an analytics platform and analytics experts to support their specific analytics needs. In short, we aim to enable studios to use data to create amazing player experiences. In this critical role, you will enable our studios to leverage the analytics platform we are building. This role is unique in that you will work alongside our platform data engineers, developing the platform itself while optimizing game datasets, providing visualization solutions, and solving our studios' analytics needs.
Who You Are:
- You are as passionate about building data platforms as you are about interacting with the data, gaining insights, and answering complex questions.
- You work to gain a deep understanding of datasets and use that understanding to build highly optimized data models capable of answering any question asked of the data.
- You have a passion for applying software engineering practices to analytics.
- You take pride in building amazing visualizations.
- You have a passion for helping others gain insights from their data
What You Will Do:
- Work alongside our platform engineers to build, and improve our analytics platform
- Transform raw data into clean, highly optimized datasets able to support the visualization and reporting needs of the data consumers
- Work with our test teams to ensure a high bar for data quality and correctness
- Continually evaluate new data technologies and analytics methodologies
- Enable our studios to work autonomously with their data by providing guidance and tooling
- Partner with our game studios to learn about their games, player experience aspirations, and unique data needs
- Shape how we provide analytics as a service to our studio partners
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus
- At least five years of experience as a data engineer and/or analyst
- At least five years of experience working with cloud data technologies
- At least three years of experience building dashboards using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Superset (or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge in data transformation and modeling
- Expert knowledge in advanced SQL
- Ability to write code in Python, Java, Go or equivalent language