Senior Technical UX Program Manager
About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ likeminded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allows for focused game development.
The Product Group is the team responsible for the end-to-end success of our family of studios within our ecosystem, accelerating development and providing vision, support, guidance, tools, and processes to solve common development challenges, allowing teams to focus on making amazing games.
We are looking for a Senior Technical UX Program Manager to join our team. This role reports to the Director of Production and sits within the Product Group which is responsible for the end-to-end success of our family of studios within our ecosystem, accelerating development and providing vision, support, guidance, tools, and processes to solve common development challenges.
Partnering with production across all studios, you will accelerate our game development team's production and help solve core technical production while removing annoying blockers.
Partnering with UX and engineering teams to design, spec, and deliver technical systems and tools, you’ll also be accountable for how we evolve our ecosystem of production tracking and portfolio management.
As a part product manager, end-user, and engineer, you have the experience and background that can firsthand craft tools that allow the business to track game progress through development and connect to other business systems.
Who You Are:
- A technical ‘go-getter’ and leader with a proven track record of delivering web-based applications and user experiences, through all development stages, leveraging best development practices whilst maintaining a positive culture.
- A strategic and collaborative thinker that can build a vision and plan to execute against product roadmap across multiple years.
- Obsessed with delivering customer experiences that delight and excite across our in-house tools.
- You are a self-starter with a passion for designing and building workflows, tools, and systems to support production excellence.
- Someone who can design and prove out concepts before handing them over to engineering teams for full implementation.
- You can translate between all technical and design disciplines and create plans and implement solutions that empower and enable all teams through cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production.
What You Will Do:
- Work within the Studio Group, reporting to the Director of Production, to create technical solutions for our family of studios.
- Collaborate with studios to gather requirements and present solutions that can scale, be easily supported, and work well across all our systems.
- Create, review, and propose solutions for portfolio and outsource tooling to track progress across our studio ecosystem in alignment with our Development Framework.
- Communicate design proposals with wireframes, using tools such as Figma or Adobe XD.
- Build out prototypes yourself to prove out core concepts through PowerApps and Flows.
- Be accountable for project managing, running sprints, tracking, and reporting, and risk management for all initiatives.
- Work both strategically and tactically to execute on Studio Group initiatives, tracking and reporting against roadmaps to our business stakeholders.
- Manage the flow of communication owning healthy relationships between all stakeholders.
- Serve as a friendly resource for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience, 2+ shipped products as a producer or program manager.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a wide variety of people and skillsets both inside and outside of the development studio while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of VBA, DAX, and Web Application Architecture, and working knowledge of technical frameworks to build out solutions for single-page applications (SQL, Angular, React).
- Ability to script to implement prototypes in applications such as Excel and Power BI.
- Core knowledge of production and project management methodologies, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, and Waterfall.
- Values that align to our people-first culture that evangelizes diversity and inclusion.
- Goal-oriented and driven and able to juggle multiple projects.