Experienced Character Artist
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for an Experienced Character Artist to join our New Co-op RPG team. As an Experienced Character Artist, you will be responsible for working with the art team to create beautiful characters who capture the imagination and wonder of our players.
Who You Are:
- Your portfolio reflects your experience and love for creating vibrant characters full of life.
- You have a strong understanding of form, anatomy, and color, but know how to break the rules to establish a unique look.
- You strive for excellence, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You pride yourself on your ability to give and receive constructive feedback and build a positive team experience for everyone.
- You understand character movement and how that impacts the modeling process.
- Experience shipping AAA or indie titles is a plus.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content.
- You feel at home collaborating and communicating across disciplines to ensure your characters meet the needs of the entire project.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus but isn't required!
What You Will Do:
- Wrap up the high-res sculpt of a character and review with the Art Director in preparation for starting the in-game final model.
- Spend a bit more time with the Art Director discussing the Art Style and new ideas you had for upcoming characters.
- Playtest the game with the team to see how the characters are being implemented and to give general notes on the game.
- Review a character from outsourcing and give concise feedback through a quick draw-over.
- Begin addressing the feedback from your earlier character review, ending the day with a character ready for retopology.
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya, or another 3D package.
- Your portfolio demonstrates an understanding of stylized art.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of art pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You can demonstrate an eye for color, texturing, and modern material techniques.
- You have experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or are excited to learn.