ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Animator, you will be responsible for helping to develop our animation style, conceptualize movement ideas and breathe life into our character’s gameplay animations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your demo reel reflects your experience, your love for animating characters, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You can quickly visualize and pitch your ideas for action and movement
- You stay on top of the latest trends and find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across the team.
- You seek efficiency, optimizing pipelines and workflows throughout the character creation process.
- You set the standard with your work quality bar and love contributing to artistic techniques and processes.
- You encourage individual and team growth, are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Technical Director in Animation, and Gameplay Artists to discuss a character’s goals.
- Produce visual pitches for a characters ability or motion set
- Partner with Character Artists, Character Tech Artists, and FX Artists to problem solve new features for a Character.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Participate in multi-discipline character reviews to refine and iterate on a characters’ appeal, responsiveness, and fun factor.
- You have a demonstratable, deep understanding of hand-keyed animation principles.
- You have experience working with motion capture data.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience with next-generation character pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 5+ years of character animation experience.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.