Senior Gameplay Engineer
At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcome those interested in learning through collaboration, and pushing the boundaries of their craft.
We are looking for a world-class Senior Gameplay Engineer who can help architect and build core player and creature systems including things like abilities, movement in Unreal. The ideal candidate is a hands-on with strong know-how and the ability to actualize systemic gameplay structures in Unreal. They should demonstrate a high level of proficiency, experience, and passion for building layered systems that feed to industry leading gameplay experiences.
Who You Are:
- Expert with Unreal's default gameplay software.
- Profoundly experienced with tuning and balancing gameplay techniques.
- Deep understand of Unreal's design tools & pipelines.
- Fluid at writing systems in C++, blueprint & scripting languages.
- Diligent at writing unit, integration and performance tests.
- Vigilant at performing and signing off on code reviews.
- Good communicator & effective at cross team collaboration.
- Comfortable mentoring engineers.
What You Will Do:
- Work with designers to help design, review or implement new systems.
- Share your deep understanding of what makes great experiences and challenges.
- Collaborate with tools programmer to design better pipeline.
- Ensure cohesive integration between layered systems.
- Execute across all stages of development: from verbal ideas to feature documentation and in-game implementation.
- Drive to meet project goals, priorities, and vision across interdisciplinary teams to deliver high-quality features from start to finish.
- 6+ Years of experience in craft
- 4 years of experience working on gameplay
- Worked on at least 3+ shipping titles
- Worked with at least 2 general engines and toolsets
- Worked with at least 1 proprietary engine and toolset
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers