Senior Shader Technical Artist (Character)
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Shader Technical Artist (Character) who is passionate about shaders, competitive games, and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior Shader Technical Artist (Character) is responsible for building Pipelines, Technical Content, and Character Shaders that inspires and delights our team and our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- You strive to achieve excellence in character shaders both technically and aesthetically.
- You are strong technically and are excited to explore, build, and communicate new pipelines and techniques to the art team.
- You are excited to tackle difficult research tasks and to turn the unknown into the known.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with the art and graphics teams, understand their disciplines, and help them find the art quality and performance bar they are looking for.
- You are obsessed with shipping amazing next-gen skin, hair, and cloth rendering tech.
- You are at home in a shader graph and are constantly thinking of new ways to use the technology.
- You are a nexus of the technical and artistic.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our Art Director and technical Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Iterating on a complex skin shader to get it looking just right.
- Helping the Art Team learn an exciting new technique that elevates the quality of the content.
- Researching a new piece of software to see how it could benefit the team and project.
- Going to a playtest to see how the environments are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Working with character artists to make sure character artwork is integrating well into the engine.
- Working with Q/A to run the latest shaders through performance and memory checks.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Programming and or scripting knowledge is a bonus (Python, C#, C++, or similar).
- Experience shipping competitive multiplayer games is a big plus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com