Senior Technical Artist
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a versatile and experienced Senior Technical Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe. At ProbablyMonsters, we appreciate the value of partnering with other disciplines to create something special, and you will work closely with a multidisciplinary group to create and implement technical art solutions for this highly stylized new IP in the early stages of development.
As a qualified candidate for this role, you first and foremost consider yourself a game developer. You are a skilled and approachable communicator and a technical artist who stays current with the techniques of your craft, and you strive for excellence and growth. You should also be committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment. At ProbablyMonsters, we are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best in class action game experiences.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an independent, motivated, and self-aware technical artist who takes pride in empowering others to create world-class entertainment.
- You can translate between technical and artistic language.
- You have a strong understanding of gameplay animation systems and workflows, and the ways that animation pipelines can impact a project.
- Able to quickly translate concepts into functional prototypes, with a strong understanding of what can be sustained in production.
- You are proactive about evangelizing for your team to improve tools and workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and create both temporary and long-term pipeline solutions.
- Be a conduit between Artists, Designers and Engineers to help realize sustainable content creation methods at scale and quality.
- Strategize new pipelines and techniques in Unreal (or related software) to increase iteration speed and/or push the technical bar.
- Communicate the technical requirements and vision for artistic workflows and pipelines.
- Support the team with desk side communication to help push the boundaries of our Art Tech.
- An advanced proficiency in modern DCC programs (such as Blender, Maya, etc.)
- Experience building rigs and animations, at a prototype level, in Maya or Blender.
- Advanced proficiency in Blueprint, visual scripting, or general scripting environments.
- Shipped at least 1 game as a Technical Artist
- At least 3+ years of experience in a Technical Artist role
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package
- Medical Coverage – health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $117,300 - $176,000 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.