UI/UX Gameplay Engineer
About The ProbablyMonsters Co-Op RPG Team
At our Co-Op RPG Team, we are looking to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe that shared experiences with a diverse and engaged community is the backbone of a great game. Our goal is to create our game with our community, engaging them at each step of our development process, to ensure we are creating rich, vibrant worlds that gamers want to come back to day after day, week after week.
Our Co-Op RPG team is currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-Op RPG game and eagerly welcome those collaborating, testing, and iterating with our community, and bringing gamers together in an ever-changing world. We are proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios and we are currently looking for a world-class UI/UX Gameplay Engineer who loves to bring the game experience to the player and is excited to work with a wide array of disciplines. They will guide our collaborative efforts to create intuitive interfaces that turn navigating complex systems into highly engaging experiences. The individual’s daily tasks will include helping architect and build UI systems, expand/optimize gameplay systems, communicate and support a veteran team; while helping create a new exciting IP.
Who Are You:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, open-minded, and approachable
- You are passionate about working effectively with others
- You like to wear many hats on a project
- You strive to achieve excellence in your own work and find supporting others just as gratifying
- You like to get out of your wheelhouse to help solve difficult problems
- You want to create something spectacular with people that is beyond any one person’s ability
What You Will Do:
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things
- Collaborate and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams to design, create, layout, and code the UI/UX experience
- Help drive technical design, implementation and cohesive integration between gameplay systems and UI
- Communicate tradeoffs of different systems, possible solutions for complex problems, and address risks from design decisions Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code
- Professional experience with C++
- You have some experience writing UI and core technology code
- Experience shipping a game
- UE4 experience is a plus
- Multiplayer/Networking experience is a plus
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at our Co-Op RPG team are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers