Senior Technical Animator
At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcome those interested in learning through collaboration and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are looking for a world-class Senior Technical Animator that is an industry veteran and craft expert. They should be comfortable owning and driving Character Rigging and Animation systems as well as taking over with existing projects that have already been set up. While you may have one or more areas of expertise, you aren’t afraid to Design, Animation and Art to help bring amazing characters to life.
Who You Are:
- You are a master of Maya and well versed in Mel.
- You have a deep understanding of anatomy, topology, skeletal structures, and how they relate to the needs of animators.
- Your rigs are nuanced, powerful, and easy to understand and use.
- You love automation and pipeline development using Mel, Python, or other scripting languages.
- You have intimate experience working with Motion Builder and taking Mocap data to Engine.
- You always have creative solutions to difficult problems.
- You are experienced with and/or excited to work with the Unreal engine.
- You are able to work collaboratively with a strong team environment.
What You Will Do:
- Set up and maintain the animation production workflow.
- Create rigs and rigging systems for Characters and Creatures.
- Work with design and animation to develop in-engine animation blueprint solutions to challenging movement and stylistic needs.
- Work with Character Artists with ensuring models have good topology for animation and are ready to be rigged.
- Meet with the animators to demonstrate a new time saving feature of your character exporter.
- Communicate technical dependencies and specifications to partnering teams, such as Rigging, Motion Capture, Art, Environment, and Programming.
- Create a Blueprint that demonstrates blended motion in a stylized performance for design and animation to evaluate.
- Research and explore systematic solutions that solve problems and enable efficient productivity.
- Provide technical support for a variety of disciplines focusing on rigged content.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers