At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
Firewalk Studios is looking for an Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Animator, you will be responsible for helping to expand our animation style and breathe life into our characters’ gameplay animations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your demo reel reflects your love for animating unique and memorable characters that resonate with players.
- You enjoy creating gameplay animation that feels organic but still responsive.
- You enjoy working across disciplines to find the strongest solutions for the game.
- You are excited to work in an iterative and collaborative team environment.
- You are motivated to create the best player experience by being a proactive and thorough communicator with the Gameplay team.
- You seek out other team members to improve character rigs, tools, and workflows.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with the Animation Team, Technical Director in Animation, and Gameplay Artists to discuss a character’s goals.
- Partner with Character Artists, Character Tech Artists and FX Artists to problem solve new features for a Character.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Participate in multi-discipline character reviews to refine and iterate on a characters’ appeal, responsiveness, and fun factor.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of weight, timing and posing in hand-keyed animation.
- Your reel displays a strong command of body mechanics and grounded physicality.
- You have experience working with motion capture data.
- You have shipped at least 1 AAA quality game.
- You have experience in character animation
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.