Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to empower our QA department. In this role, you will construct the tools necessary to efficiently test a diverse set of games at all stages of development, from concept through post-launch. It requires the ability to build a long-term vision for the tools while simultaneously being able to pivot to meet the immediate needs of our customers.
Who You Are:
- You are a champion for the quality of your products
- You can build, manage, and maintain a diverse set of tools
- You understand the unique challenges of testing video games
- You see the roadblocks presented to QA and relish overcoming them
- You pivot quickly to meet the immediate needs of the QA team
- Evaluate and integrate automated test frameworks
- Work in unison with QA to architect specific Test tools to enable QA to validate the quality of the games more effectively
- Develop expertise with UE4 to ensure testers focus testing on the highest-impact scenarios
- Collect/expose data about the test to help QA prioritize test suites
- At least three years of experience as a Test Engineer building tools
- At least three years of experience in games as a Tester or Test Engineer with at least one full game cycle