Principal Gameplay Designer
At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcome those interested in learning through collaboration, and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are currently looking for a world-class Principal Gameplay Designer to join our design team.
The Principal Gameplay Designer will be the single-threaded owner of all
delivered player content that sets the stage for our player experiences. You will drive world layout design decisions and work with a multi-discipline team of artists, engineers, designers, sound, and production to bring the world to life in the player’s hands. As the single-threaded owner of where the mechanics meet the road, you will work closely with combat, and systems design owners on making sure our environments, scenarios, and missions structures are working with the other aspects of the design to deliver the product vision.
Who You Are:
- You have at least two shipped AAA titles as a senior world, mission, and or level designer.
- You have at least 2 full years of practical experience in Unreal 4 Blueprint in a production environment.
- You are highly collaborative, leading by your examples, and ‘looking for better’ through your creative relationships.
- You have superior verbal, and visual communication skills, able to summarize the trajectory of a conversation and lead it to its conclusion, with clarity.
What You Will Do:
- Pitch layout designs for various biomes, and how the elements of the biomes will interact together to serve the product vision to the player.
- Rough modeling, and or working with Environmental Art partners to shape our world.
- Work with Production partners to set expectations on the scope of work, and timelines.
- Advocate for the player at all times through your work.
- Using Blueprint to deliver the game experience in levels.
- Driving world markup tools improvements to speed up iteration time.
- Serve as the trusted representative of our product’s world design approach, philosophy, and discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing worlds, missions, and or levels for AAA products.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in the Unreal Blueprint environment.
- Masterful verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to receive and process critical feedback on your work.
- Ability to provide critical feedback to other designers.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers