Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy and Business Development
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Central Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Supporting multiple simultaneous AAA game projects with shared resources and benefits, our Central Team connects all studios by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences. Members of the Central team provide HR, Finance, IT, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Operations guidance so our development studios get the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
The Central Team is looking for a seasoned, world-class Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy and Business Development. They will serve as a strategic advisor and initiative lead, executing cross-functional and studio activities supporting the strategy and vision.
What You Will Do:
- Understand ProbablyMonsters’s strategic goals, then identify, recommend and pursue relevant product partnership deals.
- Develop and monitor pipeline of potential M&A and partnership opportunities.
- Actively participate in the corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame the corporate strategy and drive alignment and execution on key initiatives.
- Work with leadership to identify and lead partnerships – including research, evaluation, recommendation, modeling, deal negotiations, and post-deal workstreams for organic and inorganic opportunities.
- Develop presentation materials for ProbablyMonsters’s executive team and the board.
- Develop deep relationships with business unit leadership and work closely to support key strategic priorities for the different business units.
- Build ProbablyMonsters’ network of platform partners that can increase incremental and material revenue and player value.
- Monitor performance of past deals to inform product and platform partnership strategy.
- Capture and implement process improvements to support the effectiveness of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree, CFA/MBA highly desirable, with 7-10 years of relative work experience, ideally in investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development at a leading media or technology company
- Proven ability to manage complex M&A and other transactions, working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making skills
- Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Strategic, quantitative mindset and solutions-oriented
- Experience working across teams to align leaders and promote action