About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a full-time Release Manager for its Release Management department. This position will be responsible for coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure the timely releases of titles from our family of studios.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for putting people first and possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- You can collaborate and work effectively across all business groups in a fast-paced and creative environment.
- You are a strategic planner that thrives on execution with a focus on continuous improvement.
- You are process-oriented and have a goals-based leadership approach.
- You have demonstrable product acumen to guide subjective product decision making and compliance with release requirements.
- You have an eye for detail and can spot release pitfalls during development
- You are a strong leader capable of making necessary decisions while applying high emotional intelligence to build confidence within your team, rather than amplifying stress during times of stress and crisis.
What You Will Do:
- Track and implement schedule changes in Release Management software
- Acts as a central point of contact between ProbablyMonsters and our first-party partners
- Act as an expert in submission processes for all first-party platforms
- Coordinate the efforts of the content submission cycle, ensuring smooth and timely communication among stakeholders
- Document and communicate project status and scheduling
- Manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Research and organize applicable information for project teams and maintain documentation around the release process
- Ensure launch readiness by implementing standards around roadmaps, delivery tools, release package adherence, and milestone checkpoints for release coverage
- Provide updates and visibility on the portfolio release status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- Ensure each game is being tested in full for compliance and hitting the quality targets leading up to the release
- Responsibility for navigating the rating process with national and international rating boards
- Develop the go-to-market plan and ensure its success
- Manage a portfolio of products with a focus on the release roadmap and successfully negotiate competing timelines
- Be the ambassador to first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS, and Android to build the release portfolio
- Communicate all essential project plans, commitments, changes, and requirements
- Manage the release of all products across all supported platforms
- Reduce portfolio risks that may affect release scope
- At least 4 years as a release manager where you have shipped at least two games in a Publishing or Game Studio organization
- Experience with the end-to-end life-cycle of game development and are comfortable managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and external partners
- Direct experience with the release management, certification process, and launch of games across Steam, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo
- Experience with project tracking software (JIRA, Favro)
- Experience with 1st party developer portal sites, SDKs, and tools
- Experience with TRC, TCR, and NSG (Lotcheck) guidelines
- Explicit experience in submitting build packages to 1st parties
- Explicit experience with the ratings process and procedures of the ESRB and PEGI as well as the
- You have experience releasing on the major console platform stores (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) as well as leading PC store platforms