About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our IT team. We are looking for a self-driven individual with experience in negotiating, purchasing, and procuring enterprise-level software and hardware to facilitate the growing needs of our multiple studios. The ideal candidate will be able to utilize exceptional communications skills to establish and maintain positive relations across multiple vendors, studio personnel, and finance. Additional experience in workflow automation and the ability to understand scope/requirements as it pertains to contracts (e.g., EULAs, SOWs, etc.) would be beneficial to this role.
Who You Are:
- You live and breathe business process and simplification.
- Attention to detail is your middle name.
- You passionately seek out and identify opportunities to improve workflows.
- You enjoy staying up-to-date on current industry software to help advise leadership and other teams on innovative tools.
- Passionate about working with and supporting a highly collaborative studio environment.
What You Will Do:
- Process day-to-day purchasing requests, renewals, and inventory ordering.
- Monitor the purchase to delivery process and resolve or escalate issues in obtaining deliverables with appropriate parties.
- Collaborate with IT on implementation or fulfillment of new software/hardware/assets along with cataloging software/hardware/assets within asset management.
- Maintain and expand a network of vendors to support company growth and initiatives.
- Evaluate software and hardware EULAs, SOWs, and other contractual documents for restrictions/requirements.
- Own projects like developing and continually improving a purchase catalog for reference when budgeting for studios.
- Communicate purchase status across stakeholders and vendors while setting expectations on lead times.
- Maintain software licensing and related upkeep.
- Iterate and identify improvements for current purchasing systems.
- 3 years working in finance or purchasing role at an enterprise-level organization.
- Exposure or experience in business-to-business negotiation.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Knowledge of process documentation and automation tools such as Confluence, Sharepoint, Jira, or others.
- Ability to identify and reduce risks when processing purchases.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Nice to Have Attributes:
- Have previously worked on or with creative teams (artists, developers, producers, engineers).
- Familiarity with a wide range of software and hardware along with its use within a creative studio environment.