About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a QA Manager to work with our central services and multiple studios to provide support for both games and services, define best practices and partner with them to meet project deliverables with minimal bug wake and high efficiency, leading to more iteration and better experiences for their players. The QA Manager will work across multiple disciplines to implement and effectively utilize resources to meet the unique goals of each project.
Who You Are
- You love mentoring both new and experienced testers
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline and career path
- You are relentless about tracking down and documenting issues
- You are a fierce customer advocate
- You are experienced with testing back end services, certification, compatibility, performance, web and playtest.
- You communicate effectively with a diverse audience
What You Will Do
- Act as a leader on project teams, including team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, and decision making
- Manage multiple test teams, each providing specific support to partner teams
- Develop test strategies that meet the needs of the teams you are supporting
- Ensure that the QA teams have proper schedules, priorities and guidance to facilitate a successful release
- Own communication regarding QA with the ProbablyMonsters team and partner studios
- Actively participate in testing and playtests as appropriate
- Share best practices and learnings across all test teams at ProbablyMonsters
- Manage the delivery process to partner teams (deadlines, key phases, communication, reports)
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test case management software to track and report bug metrics to provide all stakeholders with an accurate report of the project’s quality
- Build and manage multiple teams working on a variety of projects
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes
- Collaborate with and mentor developers on upholding best QA practices
- Maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams
- Treat proprietary information with professionalism and confidentiality
- 4 years’ experience testing software, games and/or services
- 2 years’ experience managing testing on different platforms
- Relevant experience in leading and developing quality assurance teams
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and understanding of test practices, principles and methodologies
- Experience working directly with software development teams
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.