Help Desk Administrator
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Help Desk Administrator to provide technical support to our growing family of game studios. As a member of the IT Department, this role will also contribute to various infrastructure, networking, and technology projects.
Who You Are:
- An experienced technical support professional who is comfortable working in dynamic, technology-heavy environments.
- An effective communicator with experience working across teams and departments.
- A team player that is used to collaborating to solve problems.
- Someone with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- An automation advocate that’s always on the lookout for ways to eliminate manual processes.
- Comfortable working with light supervision and in situations with ambiguous requirements.
- A gamer, or someone familiar with video gaming and the games industry.
What You Will Do:
- Review, triage, and pick up support requests through an internal Help Desk ticketing system.
- Communicate Help Desk Ticket status to requestors and stakeholders, including providing follow-ups and conducting further investigations as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the IT Department on Help Desk Tickets, projects, and initiatives, and contribute to the team’s overall success.
- Participate in employee onboarding activities, such as assembly, configuration, and deployment of new workstations, setting up user accounts, and providing assistance on a new hire’s first day.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve technical issues involving software, hardware, networking, and everything in between.
- Support regular maintenance activities, including limited after-hours work.
- Work on projects and tasks from the IT Department’s backlog.
- Contribute to and maintain IT and company documentation, such as Knowledge Base Articles, Confluence pages, and SharePoint sites.
- Occasionally assemble, relocate, or remove hardware and furniture (such as racks of equipment), which may involve physical labor.
- At least three years of experience as a Help Desk or Systems Administrator.
- Experience creating and managing workstation deployment processes.
- Experience maintaining and updating Windows client and server operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, quickly isolate problems, determine solutions, and deploy fixes.
- Familiarity with computer and server hardware, including the ability to plan and assemble desktop workstations and install server racks with minimal guidance.
- Understanding of networking technologies and related hardware.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds.
Nice to Have Attributes:
- Experience providing support to remote workers, including familiarity with remote co-working technologies, systems, and hardware.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience working with and administrating company-wide messaging systems such as Slack, Discord, and MS Teams.
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Experience working with and supporting Atlassian products, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft collaboration products, such as Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Experience administrating Microsoft environments through tools like Azure and Windows Server.
- Experience working in a game development studio or at a game publisher.
- Ability to identify deficient or ineffective processes, propose solutions, and implement them.