Game Engine Software Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Game Engine Software Engineer to join the Game Services team. In this role, you will help our game studios build incredible experiences, leveraging shared ProbablyMonsters technologies, such as our online platform, in the engine of their choice. It requires the ability to empathize with our customers while simultaneously pushing to write high quality, scalable, easy-to-maintain, reusable, and centralized software.
Who You Are:
- You take pride in writing high-quality software
- You understand how to build game features and how to integrate with third-party services and libraries
- You enjoy making engine plugins which are simple to use, performant, and work on multiple target platforms
- You can dig into problems in foreign codebases, turning vague goals into a flexible implementation that allows the designers to iterate toward fun
- You enjoy helping studios realize their vision
- Build out our game engine plugins, starting with Unreal Engine 4, allowing games to access our platform features easily
- Work alongside our studios to help them integrate their games with our platform
- Provide feedback on the architecture of the ProbablyMonsters platform to make it better for future games
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus with emphasis on listening to ideas, including as many people into designs as possible, and being humble
- At least four years of professional experience building AAA games in Unreal Engine 4 or comparable engine using C++
- Minimum of two years' experience integrating with online platforms, online services, or SAAS offerings