Lead Cinematic Technical Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Cinematic Technical Artist who is passionate about interactive storytelling and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead Cinematic Technical Artist, you will build and maintain the cinematic pipeline and collaborate with the content and engineering teams to deliver the best possible cinematic experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy solving technical problems and take pride in enabling others to do their best work through technological solutions.
- You have a deep desire to push cinematic storytelling in video games.
- You love making video games and can empathize deeply with our players.
- You foster good working relationships with fellow teammates and can use your technical knowledge to bridge gaps and solve misunderstandings.
- You are an excellent communicator and can work with many different teams with ease.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with Cinematics Director, Animation Director, and your team to build and maintain an iterative and efficient cinematics pipeline.
- Direct the work of your team to complete an exciting cinematic moment in the engine.
- Collaborate with engineering to solve a technical issue that occurs in a cinematic.
- Work with outsourced content and integrate the assets into a cinematic.
- Help the Cinematic Director achieve a specific color grading effect.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- You have shipped at least one AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience as a cinematics technical artist.
- You are proficient in Maya.
- You have extensive experience with Unreal 4 Sequencer.
- You understand the Unreal 4 rendering pipeline and how to create great looking cinematics with it.
- You are experienced working with mocap data in cinematics.
- You have experience working with script or code to create cinematic pipelines.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as a Lead Technical Artist.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.