About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Game Services team. In this role, you will work with the Services Architect to build a greenfield online service to support the games produced by our studios. It requires the ability to empathize with our customers while simultaneously pushing to write high quality, scalable, easy-to-maintain software.
Who You Are:
- You take pride in writing high-quality software
- You understand the challenges and pitfalls with building scalable and maintainable services
- You know when to focus on short-term needs and when to focus on building for the future
- You enjoy working with your customers to make their dreams become reality
- Construct the framework upon which our services will run
- Integrate existing tech, or build new tech if needed, to solve our customer’s problems
- Seek to minimize the total cost of building, deploying and maintaining code
- Partner with the live-ops team to plan for the ongoing operation of services
- Promote a culture of quality, reliability, and customer-focus
- Two years of professional experience building online services for AAA games
- Minimum of six months supporting a live game
- One year building services using C#, Go, Java or equivalent