Senior Environment Artist – Palette
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist – Palette who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Environment Artist - Palette, you will be responsible for working with the world art team to create high-quality assets used throughout the game.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating environment assets, and a strong technical understanding of your tools.
- You strive for excellence in environment asset creation, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You are technical enough to quickly learn new tools and workflows and work comfortably within engine constraints.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows and find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You feel at home creating and collaborating with the world art team and across disciplines to ensure your assets meet the needs of the entire project.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating multiple types of assets, from bespoke hero assets to entire kits used by world artists that support the goals of the overall Art Direction and Design Direction.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, World Artists, and Level Designers to review your most recent work in context with the rest of the environment.
- Collaborating with the World art team to establish Palettes that strongly support a specific visual style that will help drive the Art Direction within a specific area and across the entire game.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, World Artists, and Technical Artists to review the teams’ work.
- Joining a playtest to see how your assets are influencing the game and to give feedback on the entire game.
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya, or another 3D package, Substance Suite, and the Unreal Engine.
- You have shipped at least one AAA quality game.
- You have knowledge and experience of next-generation environment art pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience creating environment assets.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.