Senior FX Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Senior FX Artist who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for crafting iconic visual effects and evoking the imaginations of players all over the world.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an extraordinary FX Artist with a portfolio that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- Your curiosity and ingenuity are in search of opportunities to innovate your creative and technical process.
- You enjoy breaking down compelling visual effects methods and creating your own.
- You understand the high-level goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You collaborate with gameplay designers, understand their discipline, and help them find the gameplay they are after.
- You encourage individual, and team growth and are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with our Art Director and Lead FX Artist to talk about your most recent work.
- Partner with Character Artists to brainstorm an effect's implementation.
- Speak with Concept Artists and Narrative to explore the fiction of your work.
- Playtest your latest work and give notes on the game as a whole.
- Work with gameplay designers to assess gameplay feedback.
- Meet with your team manager to plan career goals.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles.
- You have at least 5+ years of visual effects experience.
- You know how to adjust your technical approach to make the best use of performance.
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 is a big plus.
- Experience with Niagara is a bonus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com