Senior FX Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Senior FX Artist who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for crafting iconic visual effects and evoking the imaginations of players all over the world.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an extraordinary FX Artist with a portfolio that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- Your curiosity and ingenuity are in search of opportunities to innovate your creative and technical process.
- You enjoy breaking down compelling visual effects methods and creating your own.
- You understand the high-level goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You collaborate with gameplay designers, understand their discipline, and help them find the gameplay they are after.
- You encourage individual, and team growth and are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with our Art Director and Lead FX Artist to talk about your most recent work.
- Partner with Character Artists to brainstorm an effect's implementation.
- Speak with Concept Artists and Narrative to explore the fiction of your work.
- Playtest your latest work and give notes on the game as a whole.
- Work with gameplay designers to assess gameplay feedback.
- Meet with your team manager to plan career goals.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles.
- You have at least 5+ years of visual effects experience.
- You know how to adjust your technical approach to make the best use of performance.
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 is a big plus.
- Experience with Niagara is a bonus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.