Senior Social Designer
At Firewalk, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Our collaborative team of amazing creators are crafting new worlds that ignite imagination and connection. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We’re actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in an environment where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios who recently raised $250 million to secure our future and our team with the benefits of a long-lasting career.
We are looking for a Senior Social Designer who is incredibly excited about assembling groups of players, safely, to enjoy our experiences together. As our Senior Social Designer, you will be responsible for advocating for, planning and iterating on best-in-industry social systems.
WHO YOU ARE
- You care deeply about all the health and connection between all players.
- You long to see experiences built with diversity embraced and supported.
- You are deeply passionate about social design fundamentals and can speak to what makes them work.
- You can successfully evangelize the discipline of Social Design to a world-class development team, helping to inspire the creation of incredible social experiences that only they can provide.
- You can combine opinions, analytics and test results to continually push our social systems forward.
- You enjoy mentoring less experienced designers to improve their craft and help them succeed.
- You can successfully manage relationships with other teams and help them get the most out of working with Social Design.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- You learn from both good and bad experiences, finding value in playing all types of games.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to every member of your team, regardless of seniority, and communicate with them in a way that inspires confidence.
- You value opportunities to solicit feedback from the team on both your work and demeanor to further your growth as a designer and coworker.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Designing and implementing a cohesive and compelling suite of social features, ensuring they integrate well into the broader game vision and features.
- Advocating for the social needs, expectations and safety of a diverse audience.
- Requesting, reviewing and using analytics data, telemetry and feedback to help you make decisions for how to further iterate and advance social features.
- Iterating and meticulously tuning your work in-engine to perfect the way it feels and functions.
- Playtesting with and taking playtest feedback from the entire team.
- Exploring ways of promoting positive social engagement and experiences within the game.
- Planning and balancing social designs to gather people together as effortlessly as possible without putting them at risk of harassment.
- Identifying trends and improvement within the industry wide social design space and how those trends should factor into our own designs.
- Determining a clear, forward-looking vision for the game's social features.
- Brainstorming potential social mechanics and system with the team, helping to find potential issues and solutions to those issues long before the feature is even green lit.
- Collaborating with engineers, artists and other designers to discuss and detail how a social mechanic will work and how your team will approach building it.
- Prioritizing social systems bugs and tasks so that we are always pushing forward what’s best for the game and the team.
- Working with your lead to create and update our Social Design best practices and corresponding documentation.
- Mentoring less experienced Designers.
- You have experience designing and implementing Social Systems.
- You’ve worked on several titles from start to finish. “AAA” experience is a plus.
- Experience with working on Live games is a plus.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS™ STUDIOS
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.