Lead FX Artist
Our studio is searching for a world-class real-time Visual Effects Artist.
Who You Are:
- You are a game maker who is acutely aware of the role your work plays in the final product.
- You are able to work collaboratively with a strong creative team.
- You are dependable and have the ability to deliver high quality, performant VFX on time.
- You are an expert in Unreal Engine 4 VFX tools with an emphasis on Cascade and Materials.
- You are learning Niagara and are excited to explore the possibilities of this new tool!
- You have a strong understanding of animation fundamentals and can express a broad range of animation styles.
- You have strong traditional art skills and leverage them to add life to your VFX.
- You are an expert in Photoshop and After Effects.
- You are an expert in a minimum of one 3D software package.
- You are experienced with Houdini and can use it to generate runtime simulations and animations.
- You have a strong understanding of the performance implications of your VFX and find creative optimizations that maintain visual quality.
What Your Day Might Look Like:
- Meet with the Art team to discuss qualitative feedback from the most recent playtest.
- Work with an Environment Artist to seamlessly integrate your VFX into a level.
- Have lunch with a prospective new hire.
- Deconstruct slo-mo footage of ordinance detonations to improve your animated texture sheet.
- Build an amazing new magic effect that inspires Design to evolve a character ability.
- Spend some time playing the most recent build, making notes, and communicating feedback to the team.
Our studio is a team of seasoned interactive designers and storytellers. Our team is dedicated to creating unique game worlds with unparalleled cohesive integration of gameplay design and storytelling.