Principal Product Manager
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.
The ProbablyMonsters Engineering Team provides engineering solutions to problems that span our game studios. We seek a Principal Product Manager to help define the most impactful problems to solve. In this role, you will engage with our studios to understand their concerns, build product requirements that meet all stakeholders’ needs, and evangelize our solution.
This role focuses on both the strategic and tactical, where you define the strategy for our product offering to internal studios based on their individual and collective needs while overseeing the successful execution of the product roadmap with a well-defined product lifecycle.
Who You Are:
- You cherish building relationships with customers
- You bridge the gap between technical constraints and customer requirements
- You leverage your creativity to find innovative solutions to customers problems
- You take pride in creating delightful user experiences
- You are enthusiastic about games and the process of making them
- You embrace your skill gaps and leverage those around you to fill them
What You Will Do:
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers to build products with great fit
- Create and communicate a compelling vision for our products
- Help guide the customers, the developers, and the business toward the best solutions
- Use data and feedback from our customers to iterate on our product and more elegantly solve their problems
- Coordinate with production and our TPMs to build a feasible product roadmap
- Work with our TPMs to create processes that define how short-term asks from the studios interact with our long-term product plans
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years experience in game development or as a product/project manager for a product in support of game development
- Demonstrated experience guiding a product toward a long-term vision through frequent iteration/releases
- Familiarity with every stage of AAA game development
- Experience taking customer-facing products from concept through launch
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously