ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Gameplay Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for helping architect and build core player systems including things like abilities, movement, and weapons in our game.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience developing player facing gameplay systems such as combat, camera, inventory, and player feedback.
- Experience with fast-paced online games a plus.
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, including pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- Experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a plus.
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- You have a high level of proficiency in C++ and understand the importance of Object-Oriented Design but also understand the performance implications and when to make tradeoffs.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 6 years of experience working in games.
- You have at least 4 years of experience working on gameplay.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers