Experienced Gameplay Engineer/Designer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for an Experienced Gameplay Engineer/Designer to join our New Co-op RPG team. This is a unique role where passion for the tactile player experience, and an ability to bring design ideas and approaches to the table; all while supporting the team's vision is a must. You will collaborate in the design, lead a coding-side approach to content problems, and help build content for a new next-generation multiplayer game.
Who You Are:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, open-minded, and approachable.
- You are passionate about working effectively with others.
- You strive to achieve excellence in your work and find supporting others just as gratifying.
- You like to get out of your wheelhouse to help solve difficult problems.
- You want to create with a team something spectacular that is beyond any one person's ability.
- You have a "big-picture" perspective, thinking about how gameplay systems will interact with other systems.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to help design, code, and build content.
- You will be responsible for helping build prototype/production gameplay systems, maintain stability, and help support collaborators' needs.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Work with talented team members to craft solutions for a wide variety of unique engineering challenges.
- Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code and content.
- Professional experience with C++.
- Broad knowledge of and experience creating core gameplay systems.
- Experience with client and server-side networking.
- Likes to work in an iterative process with a small team.
- Knowledge using UE4 a plus.