Area Claims Supervisor - Washington
Join our growing team!
Do you want to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of men and women who feed the world? ProAg has an exceptional opportunity for an Area Claims Supervisor. This position is a remote position and will be located in eastern Nebraska or western Iowa.
The Area Claims Supervisor will provide oversight and management to the claims team in an assigned territory. This position requires a strong working knowledge of regulatory rules and company regulations and procedures.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for agriculture. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and at least three years of crop insurance experience.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and training a team of adjusters.
- Provide a high-level of customer service. The Area Claims Supervisor is responsible for developing and maintaining agency and insured relationships within the assigned territory.
- Give both daily and long-term direction regarding the completion of claims by ensuring compliance and providing direction with controversial claims.
- Administration of FCIC and RMA procedures as it relates to claims adjustment. This position needs to be able to identify and utilize resources to direct adjusters on loss adjusting based on set procedures as defined by RMA.
- Supervise, evaluate, and adjust assignments by evaluating deadlines, workloads, and experience as well as providing standards and following up on work results.
- Promote ProAg’s business strategies by preparing and delivering continuing training for adjusters on MPCI industry changes, company private products and name-perils.
The ideal candidate for the Area Claims Supervisor position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years of experience in crop insurance.
- Five years of crop insurance or relevant experience is preferred.
- Two years of leadership experience is preferred.
- Communications - Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- People Management Experience- Full responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, developing remote employees, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching or counseling.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Required to travel outside normal work location. Travel is up to 75 percent for up to two weeks at a time.
- Working Conditions require field, vehicle and office work environment.
- For the ideal candidate to be successful:
- Must have knowledge of adjusting practices, standards and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work independently with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks with accuracy.
- The ability to build trust and relationships with key constituencies is essential.
- Educational requirements: The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma. A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or a related field is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefits package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.