Market Sizing Intern
At Pro Ag, we begin each day with a singular goal—to deliver superior customer service that exceeds the expectations of our crop insurance agents and insureds. Insuring America’s most important industry is both a job and a passion for ProAg employees.
Pro Ag’s Market Sizing Internship provides an opportunity to gain diversified experience in compiling and analyzing market size reports for select agriculture markets. The 10-week internship program is designed to provide high potential college students the opportunity to be on the forefront of new market discovery that aligns with the company’s growth strategy.
This internship would be approximately 10 hours per week and would begin spring of 2020. The internship is located in either our Maple Grove, Minnesota office or Lenexa, Kansas office. Remote candidates will be considered but will be expected to visit the office a minimum of twice per month.
The project-based intern is responsible for producing market size reports for select agriculture. The project Includes secondary research, analysis and reporting. May also include primary research design, fielding, analysis and reporting.
- Define target markets to size.
- Determine and recommend methods for sizing select markets.
- Compile and analyze sizing data on select markets.
- Compile market information and conditions to understand trends.
- Conduct, as needed, primary research using DIY tools like SurveyMonkey.
- Develop and present market size findings
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current ag / business ag major with some research experience.
- Preferably studying agriculture, business, or related field
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural operations is preferred
- Ability to convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports, and turn information into insights.
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Moderate to advanced analytical skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)