Our Administrative Assistant opportunity in West Des Moines, IA can be your entry-level launch pad into a great career at ProAg!
Impress employees and customers at all levels by expertly handling calls, efficiently organizing supplies, handling mail and creating best practices for administrative tasks.
The Administrative Assistant provides reception and administrative support for the West Des Moines office and regional offices nationwide.
What you'll be doing
- Accurately direct incoming calls on a multi-line phone system: During the first two weeks, learn the phone operations; the names, departments and functions of employees who frequently get calls, visitors and deliveries. Beginning the third week, accurately transfer calls without supervision.
- Efficiently handle incoming and outgoing deliveries: Receive/distribute and send deliveries through FedEx, the U.S. Post Office, and other vendors. Distribute incoming items within two hours to appropriate staff.
- Create and maintain a supplies inventory system: Keep break rooms, supply rooms, and printer stations neatly and sufficiently stocked with supplies.
- Pick up and prepare mail: Establish a regular pick-up times for the daily gathering of mail from the building. Prepare mail and overnight packages for vendor pick-up.
- Organize company events: Set up food and activities at internal and external venues for employees and visitors.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of relevant administrative support experience
- High level to detail
- Customer focus and high service level relationships
ProAg is proud of its heritage as an agricultural risk management company and is committed to providing our agents and policyholders with excellent service and support for multiple peril crop, crop hail and named peril crop insurance products. While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
ProAg Core Values:
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Resourcefulness. Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team
ProAg is an equal opportunity provider.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.