Business Project Manager
If you are currently highly organized, strategic and are looking to make an high impact on the organization’s success, we have an exciting opportunity for an Business Project Manager in the Maple Grove, MN office.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
The Business Project Manager will report the Senior Vice President, Operations. This position is responsible for the overall project management of the business strategic plan through partnering with all levels of the organization, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Strategic plan development and implementation: The position will need to fully comprehend the strategic plan and help drive priorities with the leadership team as well as various levels throughout the organization.
- Overall project transparency and visibility to leadership and project team: Projects will be tactical in nature with the ability to present at strategic/executive level.
- Manage projects for cross-functional collaboration and integration. Develop detailed project plans and schedules and provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify risks and issues. Facilitate the creation and execution of corresponding mitigation plans to ensure the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field specialized training, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant and progressive professional experience in Project Management or equivalent team leadership experience
- Experience in crop insurance, agriculture field or other insurance preferred
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Business Process Knowledge – understanding of the related activities or tasks that are needed to produce a specific service or project
- Problem resolution – awareness of the need for problem resolution, the ability to identify and gather the critical resources needed to make a decision and the facilitation skills to bring the group to an overall consensus
- Negotiation – ability to reach an understanding, resolve points of difference, or gain an advantage to satisfy a project or business need
- Project Cost Management – an awareness of the need for cost management within the software development lifecycle and participation in the overall effort
- Project Management Tools – experience with Microsoft Project, HP ALM or SharePoint
- Project Planning – experience creating software project plans within different software methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) utilizing an established project management tools or Excel spreadsheet
- Project Issue/Risk Management – ability to capture issues/risks when identified by the team and facilitate the next steps to reduce or eliminate the issue
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.