Senior Actuarial Analyst or Associate Actuary
If you have an interest in data science, actuarial science, and predictive modeling, and have a desire to make an impact on day one in an industry that is integral to feeding and clothing the world, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Associate Actuary in the Maple Grove, MN office.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a leading crop insurance company and member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
The role will be responsible for leading and/or supporting insurance product pricing, reinsurance model development and hedging analysis. This will include the use of actuarial pricing methodologies and creation of statistical and predictive models. Successful implementation and execution of the work product will require a high degree of interaction with the business.
- Insurance product pricing: Conduct rate adequacy analysis and develop insurance product pricing using actuarial and predictive modeling methodologies, driving the business to achieve profitability objectives.
- Reinsurance model development: Using actuarial and predictive modeling techniques, construct policyholder profitability models for reinsurance decisioning in multi-peril crop insurance and livestock contracts. Geospatial and GIS software skills a plus.
- Hedging Support: Provide quantitative support in evaluating derivative market instruments and assist in the execution of trading strategies.
- Business actuarial liaison: Utilize strong interpersonal and communication skills to understand and support actuarial needs of the insurance product implementation process
Experience & Education
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Ag Economics, or related degree. Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5 Casualty Actuarial Society exams passed. Attainment of the Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) certification a plus.
- Ability to apply statistical and predictive modeling and analytics methodologies to advanced analytical problems, interpret the model results, turn data into actionable insights, and effectively communicate model results
- Proficiency in programming languages R, SQL, or Python
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Strong understanding of databases and data extraction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Should be able to present to business or technical partners. Ability to effectively present recommendations and supporting analysis to business partners
- GIS knowledge and software skills a plus
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.