Regional Vice President- Northern Region
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us!
Do you have a passion for change and pushing the status quo? Do you want to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of men and women who feed the world? ProAg has an exceptional opportunity for a Regional Vice President in our Northern Region. This position is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the assigned territory of Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan.
Overall responsible for obtainment of sales and profitability for the Northern region.
This is a senior role at ProAg and will be managing sales and agent needs in the Northern region.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for agriculture, a natural vitality to lead a team, and a competitive spirit that will drive sales and profitability in the region. The ideal candidate will have a strong sales background and experience in the insurance industry.
The role involves developing and managing a team of a Business Development Manager and Account Representatives.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
- Develop new business by enlisting/recruiting new agents.
- Manage performance of account representatives and business development managers by setting clear expectations, assisting them in setting performance goals, monitoring progress towards those goals, and providing feedback and coaching as needed.
- Participate as an industry expert at regional meetings.
- Use effective marketing and persuasion to generate interest and enhance demand for the organization’s products and services.
- Hold external memberships or networks through organized groups in an effort to stay knowledgeable and well connected within the industry.
- Host continuing education courses for agents, farmers, and other industry professionals, while consistently following applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards.
- Logically integrate various ideas, intentions, and information to form effective goals, objectives, timelines, action plans, and solutions.
- Assist with the development, execution, and adjustments of the Regional Marketing Plan to meet market changes/demands.
- Coordinate with other territories and regions as needed to manage relationships geographically.
The ideal candidate for the Regional Vice President position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Seven years of sales and marketing experience
- Seven years of insurance or relevant experience, crop insurance experience is preferred.
- Communications - Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- People Management Experience- Full responsibility for direct reports including making hiring decisions, developing remote employees, coordinating work, establishing standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching or counseling.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Required to travel outside normal work location. Travel is up to 75 percent
- For the ideal candidate to be successful:
- Must have a strong sales background.
- Must have the ability to work independently, focusing on achieving organizational goals and tasks with drive and energy to succeed.
- The ability to build trust and relationships with key constituencies is essential.
- Educational requirements: The ideal candidate will have an bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefits package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.