Crop Insurance Adjuster- Oklahoma
Imagine being part of a team that is passionate and dedicated to high quality customer service and extensive crop knowledge.
As a Crop Adjuster, you are the first point of contact and would be responsible for completing field inspections, reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields, storage bins and assessing damage or loss.
Our reputation for having the best adjusting staff in the industry speaks for itself. Through our core values of customer focus, instilling trust, communicating effectively, resourcefulness and ensuring accountability, ProAg strives to be the crop insurance provider of choice.
This position is a work from home position and must be located around Wichita Falls, Altus, Memphis areas.
Position Summary: The Crop Insurance Adjuster requires a thorough understanding and execution of adjusting guidelines and policy provisions, as applicable to Multi-Peril Crop Insurance, Crop Hail, and Named Peril policy types. This position requires a high degree of physical ability such as climbing grain bins, walking over rough terrain for long distances, etc. The Crop Insurance Adjuster reports directly to the Area Claims Supervisor for assigned territory. This position may travel two (2) weeks at a time and may include travel to areas outside the assigned territory, state, or region. Up to 75% travel
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Performs field inspections, reads maps and aerial photos, measures fields, inspects storage bins and discusses findings or crop losses with producers
- Exercise best independent judgment in the handling of the most complex, non-routine, problematic claims and escalating them to the Area Claims Supervisor
- Ability to convey regulations and interpretations to claimants, agents, and industry people on claim situations
- Ability to articulate company position on industry topics such as new specialty crops that need to be developed
- Effectively and efficiently manage claim workload
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and adhere to ProAg performance standards for contacting insureds, checking and responding daily to email, and conducting daily business professionally
- Perform fact-finding as it relates to determining cause of loss/percentage of loss, etc.
- Proper use of ProAg systems (ProAgWorks, Fieldworks, etc.) to record information and transmit loss information
- Maintain knowledge of RMA rules and regulations as well as ProAg procedures for applying all MPCI, Crop Hail, and Federal Crop Insurance regulations
- Attend training sessions as directed which are generally at the State, Regional, or National level
- High school diploma
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Proficient in basic computer and internet applications
- Demonstrated ability to work from home
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and customers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily operations
- Ability to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner
- Reliable means of transportation with the ability to travel within assigned territory
- Excellent customer service skills
- Crop insurance experience in claims or compliance is preferred
- Experience with all MPCI, Crop Hail, and Federal Crop rules and regulations
- Previous experience with claims adjusting software
- Strong technological skills
- Ag Related experience and background
- Current Claim Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) certification and any applicable license required by State agencies
ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. Tokio Marine HCC and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.