Crop Accounting Specialist
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
ProAg has an exciting opportunity for a Crop Accounting Specialist to join our team. You will serve as the primary contact for accounting functions related to billing, payment applications, and refunds. Bring your passion for innovation and collaboration to ProAg to help serve our farmers, agents, and re-insurers.
Reporting to the Operations Accounting Manager, you will be the housekeeper of processing incoming payments, mail merge letters, and the shared team inbox. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will think on your feet and your attention to detail skills will shine.
This position will be in ProAg’s Lenexa, KS office.
In This Exciting Opportunity You Will:
- Process payments reviewing payment applications for accuracy.
- Assist with generating and mailing notifications to insureds for uncashed checks.
- Manage the shared team inbox ensuring emails are responded to appropriately.
- Process, verify, and distribute premium refunds regularly as defined by management.
- Communicate with agencies to notify them of unpaid policy balances prior to policy termination dates.
- Generate interested attachment and premium billing batches.
- Within six months, have a good understanding of Risk Management Agency (RMA) Crop Accounting guidelines and how they impact your role.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail coupled with excellent follow through capabilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and direction.
- Ability to initiate, organize, prioritize, and manage simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Two years of relevant accounting experience with AR/AP or Billing preferred.
What We Believe In:
- Ensures Accountability. Take personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges.
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seek out and communicate with key stakeholders in all situations.
- Resourcefulness. Determine how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done.
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness.
- Instill Trust. Make intentions clear and meet shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team.
Who We Are:
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.