Director, Product Development
Are you looking for a new position where you can be part of a broader, more strategic way of moving the organization from where we are today to where we are going?
ProAg is looking for a Director, Product Development to bring a product management discipline to our company. In this position, you will focus on setting standards and building a product development discipline through thought leadership and creative problem solving.
Working cross-functionally, you will build trusting relationships with various stakeholders across the organization to establish design, technology, pricing, and client strategy. As you conduct gap assessments on the various products, you will implement and execute data driven decisions –from small tweaks in our products to large implementations of new products. You will use your passion for bringing new and different product solutions to brokers, farmers, and ranchers!
ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer with an AM Best rating of A++. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
- Develop product strategies and development initiatives that support the organization’s strategy and objectives. Within the first 30 days, you will understand the company’s strategic plan as it relates to product development.
- Within the first 90 days, you will identify gaps in current product life cycles and begin building out a plan for executing existing and new product life cycles. Leading both a product development team as well as cross functional teams, you will set expectations and integrate the teams and yourself into the organization.
The ideal candidate for the Director, Product Development position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in product development or related experience
- Minimum of six years of leadership experience.
- Relevant experience in insurance and/or agriculture is a plus!
- Communicate and lead both horizontally and vertically throughout the organization to leverage internal resources and drive internal discipline.
- Enjoy creative solutions and pushing the boundaries while being analytical and data driven through setting new standards, being part of thought leadership and having the autonomy to build products that are customer centric, value add and profit focused.
- Educational requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Product Management, Agriculture, Business, a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.