Human Resources Director
ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies has an exciting opportunity available for a Human Resources Director in our Maple Grove, MN office.
ProAg, writes Federal Crop Insurance, private Crop Hail and Named Peril Insurance for the American farmer via independent agents. We have some of the most experienced crop insurance professionals in the country on our team. Our unique “crop insurance only” position in the industry allows us to anticipate and meet the needs of our agents and farmers as the premier provider of crop insurance products and services within targeted markets. Agents and insureds can count on us to put boots in the farmer’s field promptly and to settle claims with industry-leading speed and accuracy.
The position will be the key member of the ProAg Human Resources department and will work extremely closely with the senior members of ProAg. This individual will act as a strategic business partner to design, plan and implement human resources (HR) programs and policies, including but not limited to workforce planning, employee relations, employee development, change management and training. This position will also be responsible for diverse duties to support multiple locations in various states by interacting with all levels of employees and management within the area of support. This position will also work closely with and has a dotted line reporting relationship to TMHCC corporate HR. This position requires domestic travel up to 25% based on the need.
- Employee Relations: Establish good working relationships with employees by spending quality time and being present to make communication more convenient. Address concerns promptly, and if applicable, conduct investigations to resolve conflicts. Partner with other HR team members in organizing and administering employee events, recognition programs, etc. Ensure employees adhere to TMHCC’s policies and procedures.
- Workforce Planning: Assist with the continual process to align staffing needs to meet organizational objectives.
- Performance Management: Work collaboratively with managers towards achieving employee’s individual goals and objectives, which includes managing the performance review process, performance improvement, and professional development plans. Analyze various HR data, such as turnover trends, and propose a strategy to breach the gap between actual and desired organizational performance.
- Onboarding: Partner with managers to effectively integrate new employees into the organization and familiarize them with TMHCC’s culture and environment.
- Training: Partner with the Learning and Development team to provide practical solutions for talent development, including understanding and anticipating employee’s professional developmental needs.
- Employment Law Compliance: Stay abreast with the latest employment law changes and make appropriate updates to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment law changes for assigned location(s).
- Actively participate in various special projects including TMHCC HR projects.
- Within the first 30 days, familiarize with ProAg and TMHCC’s policies and procedures as well as HR policies and procedures, to include Employee Handbook, business policies and, internal practices. Obtain the Senior Vice President of Operations’ expectations.
- Within the first 45 days, meet with ProAg’s department leaders and management team to gain an overview of their current practices and operations; introduce yourself and provide a high-level overview of your role. This includes taking a consultative and strategic approach to the following:
- Understanding the department’s role in the organization
- Identifying most significant HR concerns and challenges
- Obtaining the department head's expectations from HR
- Establishing a timetable for next steps
- Within the first 90 days, introduce yourself, in person or via phone, to employees (onsite and remote) under your support. This will help your acclimatization to your new role in the organization.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant HR experience and minimum of six of leadership experience.
- Strong experience in HR fundamentals, including understanding of EEO laws and conflict resolution.
- Insurance / Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Ability to build trust and relationships with department heads is essential
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience with Business Transformations/Change Management
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections across the organization while working with employees and managers in multiple and remote locations
- Must be a strong leader and able to delegate, inspire and plan effectively
- Experience in developing and promoting own team members
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in HR or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Preferred: SPHR/PHR or SHRM-CSP/SCP
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.